After a selection process by the technical committee of the Civic Award “Por una Ciudad Mejor (“For a Better City”), the 30 finalist social initiatives were chosen to move on to the institutional strengthening phase.
The open call for the 11th civic award took place from October 25th to December 10th, 2021. Ninety-six applications were received from social initiatives registered in the city of Cali. The proposals were evaluated by the project’s technical committee made up of representatives of the partner organizations who issued their ratings based on the following criteria:
- Innovation: the initiatives must generate new ideas, methods and/or practices for the solutions of the problems they seek to solve.
- Community involvement: initiatives must demonstrate that they work for the common good, through collective efforts and community participation.
- Replicability: it was evaluated whether the initiatives can be adapted and replicated in other settings.
- Sustainability: initiatives must have the potential to be sustainable (financially and socially) over time.
- Scalability: initiatives must have the potential to expand and grow to generate greater impact.
To see the list of initiatives that began the institutional strengthening phase, click here.